I am a pretty sarcastic, no-nonsense type of girl. But nothing puts a twinkle in my eye like good, honest, smart design. General Merriment is my happy place – where I share modern and sustainable design news.
Other things that make my happy, in no particular order:
- Cardigans. I tend to freak out when I’m too hot or cold. We’re all in better company when I dress in layers.
- Coffee. Particularly La Columbe - it’s local and delicious. And I feel smarter with a hot drink in my hand.
- Vases and vessels. I own more than I know what to do with, yet still accumulate more.
- Prep bowls. Everything is better mise en place.
- Rock concerts. Because nothing compares to the energy of a crowd belting out the lyrics together.
I currently live in New Jersey (thisclose to Philadelphia) with my husband, Tom, our daughter, Lucy, and our cats, David Bowie and Freddie Mercury.